Ir5S1IDID8ntz3CTfc4LEVhlmt9Wl3 La Vida Buena: Homemade Egg Rolls

Friday, July 20, 2012

Homemade Egg Rolls





These homemade eggrolls are so worth the effort! And honestly they are not that hard to make. You could short cut it and buy the wraps in the store but there is nothing better than homeade wonton wrappers!

So what youll need is
2 Cups Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Cold Water
Cornstarch

Mix the salt and the flour together. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg









Mix this together adding cold water only a TBS at a time to form a nice dough. knead and cover with plastic  wrap for 20 Min. While this is sitting you can work on your filling.
I took out my trusty antique food processor and put the shred plate in. I used 2 carrots, half a savoy cabbage and a zuchinni. Seasoned with salt and peper and some chili powder for a kick. Sauted for out 5 mins just to soften it all up and set it aside


Now the fun part. Rolling out your dough. I know, it should be perfect squares but really its fine if its not. I certainly do not make sure they are perfect. The key is to make sure it is super thin but no Holes!Just lay
your filling in and roll it up.





I have lighted coated a pan with some EVOO and have that nice and hot. Brown all the sides of your Egg roll and place it to cool.





2 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused since you posted earlier about starting the juicing. Are you doing juice only or combining it with eating? I assume your family is not juicing with you so perhaps these were to feed the kiddies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes these are to feed my family!

    ReplyDelete