Ir5S1IDID8ntz3CTfc4LEVhlmt9Wl3 La Vida Buena: Life without Power......

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Life without Power......

So, this past saturday we were hit with a snowstorm. YEP snow before Holloween. Its was nice, Luz had a soccer game in the snow, the kids got all new snow gear.
Ever notice when it snows, no matter how much of a pain it is to clean, snow slows life down, even as an adult, there is that magical feeling that I thought only children get.
We built a fort, made a VERY leafy snowman, and had a snowball fight. I had so much fun playing with the kids....

AND THEN THE POWER WENT OUT!

Usually i dont care, but it was cold, I have the baby....and it was COLD!

Night 1 wasnt too bad, I bundled Luz up and she slept fine in her crib. The other 2 were in our bed (like always). I actually started reading a book....and was enjoying it. The kids talked to each other, played, read books, and just continued on....without tv, or video games.

The house got down to 52, which isnt Terribly bad, but it was cold. After the first n night and second day, we realized we had to get going. We left to go to my inlaws. The kids were thrilled for them its a sleep over with their cousins that live there. For me, i wanted my house, my space. I LOVE MY HOUSE! but i could not be selfish and have the kids cold, in danger sleeping with candles lit, so off we went.

2 nights and 3 days we spent there. I came home and cleaned up one day and it was freezing in the house. Outside all i could hear were generators running. Holloween in most towns was postponed till today (Wed.) go figure!

So last night (monday night ) we were back home, in our warm house, back to normal life..... AND THE POWER WENT OUT AGAIN!!!!

It was out for about 2 hrs and returned....

I have found a new appreciation for no power. really i did enjoy the reading, the ways the kids kept busy, the candle light talking,....i hope it happens again, but for 1 day and night.....not 4 nights 5 days :)

Here are some photos from the storm!
READY FOR THE SNOW TO START

STAYING WARM IN A COLD HOUSE


READING TOGETHER

CHEERLEADER COSTUME








A tote of fruit and veggi out in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment